The position is part of a project that aims to develop an innovative telepresence solution. At the core of the solution, advanced image and audio processing algorithms will be applied in order to achieve an unprecedented user experience.
The project is being carried out in the Norwegian Color and Visual Computing Laboratory, a research group within the Faculty of Computer Science and Media Technology.
The successful candidate will assess and enhance the video quality of the solution through the optimization of video processing algorithms and by incorporating knowledge about the human visual system.
- Analyze workflow elements that influence in the resulting quality
- Identify potential areas of enhancement
- Develop and implement enhancement algorithms
- Define a video dataset and apply the algorithms
- Evaluate results using quality metrics and perceptual experiments involving human observers
- PhD in computer science, electrical engineering, image processing or a related field
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in industry
- Experience in image/video quality evaluation and enhancement (desired)
The position is for 3 years.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and apply online:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Description of PhD thesis
- At least two reference letters
- Draft proposal to assess and enhance video quality (1 page)
The application deadline is May 31, 2016. For further information, contact Prof. Jon Yngve Hardeberg.
About the employer
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology was established in 1996. It is the main university in Norway for higher education in engineering and technology.