The position is part of a project to develop a humanoid robot able to engage and interact autonomously and naturally with individuals or groups of people.
As a part of the project team, the goal of this position is the modeling of face representation for the design of head trackers and non-verbal behavior extraction methods.
- MSc in computer science, engineering or applied mathematics
- Good background in mathematics and statistics
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Prior experience in computer vision or robotics (desired)
The position is for a maximum of 4 years, beginning as soon as possible.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and email it to Dr Jean-Marc Odobez:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Names of three references
About the employer
The Idiap Research Institute is among the most active independent research institutions in information technology in Switzerland and worldwide.