The research will focus on longitudinal analysis of breast MRI images using deformable registration methods to extract multi parametric features and applying machine learning methods to determine patient response to precision cancer therapy.
- PhD in biomedical, electrical or computer engineering; computer and information science; or related field
- Background in biomedical image analysis, computer vision, pattern recognition and machine learning
- Strong programming skills in Python, C/C++ and ITK
Additional desired skills
- Experience with statistical methods and software packages (e.g. R, SPSS)
- Knowledge of MR imaging physics
How to apply
Prepare the following information and contact Prof Despina Kontos:
- Letter of motivation
- Curriculum vitae
- Name and addresses of three references
About the employer
The University of Pennsylvania was founded in 1740. It is the oldest university in the USA.