The research will be conducted in the Computational Radiology Laboratory, and will focus on the creation of techniques for the analysis of brain development.
The successful candidates will develop techniques based on machine learning and image processing to reconstruct high-resolution images of the developing brain using in-vivo MRI and diffusion-weighted MRI.
- PhD in computer science, electrical or biomedical engineering, medical physics, or a related field with a research focus on machine learning, computer vision, biomedical image processing, medical image computing, or MRI
- Strong programming skills in C++
Additional desired skills
- Experience in neuroimaging, diffusion-weighted imaging, and functional MRI
- Experience in motion and distortion correction in MRI
- Experience in machine learning, computer vision, and pattern recognition
- Experience in biomedical image registration, restoration and segmentation
- Experience in parallel computing and GPU/CUDA programming
How to apply
Prepare the following information and contact Dr. Ali Gholipour:
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of a technical paper
- Desired start date
- Statement of goals
About the employer
Boston Children’s Hospital is a top-ranked pediatric hospital in the USA.