The subject is in the fields of human-robot interaction, emotion recognition and human activity understanding using sensors and cameras.
The research will be carried out in the Robots, Agents and Interaction research group, which belongs to the Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering.
The successful candidate will assist in research and development of interactive, smart personalized interfaces and applications aimed to be used for educational and e-health purposes.
- MSc in artificial intelligence, machine learning, computer vision or a closely related field
- Excellent programming skills in C/C++ and Java
- Knowledge and practical experience in interface designing and technologies integration (desired)
The position is initially offered for 1 year, with possible extension until the end of 2018. The ideal starting date is July 1, 2016.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and apply online:
- Motivation letter
- Summary of major achievements
- Curriculum vitae
- Publication list, if available
- Summary of MSc thesis or BSc thesis (1 page max)
- Contact information for at least two persons who can provide recommendation letters
The application package should be sent preferably as a single PDF document. Applications received by June 30, 2016 will receive full consideration. For informal inquiries contact Dr. Stylianos Asteriadis and Dr. Enrique Hortal.
About the employer
Maastricht University was established in 1976. It is the most international university in the Netherlands.