Gradiant is the acronym for Galician Research and Development Center in Advanced Telecomunications.
The face recognition expert is needed in the biometrics team of Gradiant.
The successful candidate will provide technical leadership within the face recognition R&D line.
- Provide technical guidance and advice to software engineers
- Be continuously aware of the state-of-the art in machine learning, pattern recognition and computer vision applied to biometrics, and especially to face recognition
- Identify the most appropriate machine learning and computer vision techniques to solve real-world challenges
- Contribute to the development of software modules for face recognition
- Collaborate in the definition of strategy and priorities within the face recognition R&D line
- MSc or PhD in engineering, informatics, mathematics, physics, computer science or related field
- Strong background in computer vision and machine learning, with a special focus on biometrics and face recognition
- 3+ years of experience in face recognition, biometrics, computer vision or machine learning
- Strong experience in face detection, alignment, tracking, recognition and liveness detection
- Familiarity with computer vision and machine learning libraries such as OpenCV, Caffe and TensorFlow
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Experience in Python, MATLAB or Octave
- Experience in algorithm performance assessment
- Experience with deep learning (desired)
How to apply
Prepare the following information and email it specifying “FRE Job Position-REF0716” in the subject:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
About the employer
Gradiant is a private and nonprofit foundation created to align R&D activities in Galician universities towards business demands.