The research project will exploit recent advances in computer vision and machine learning, such as deep learning and statistical learning, to build a computational model of human attention in dynamic tasks.
This model will be used to develop new algorithms for scene analysis based on dynamic attention and active perception.
The successful candidate will use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to analyze human attention data and will develop new algorithms for dynamic analysis of visual scenes.
- At least UK 2:1 honors degree, or equivalent, in computer science, mathematics, physics or electronic engineering
- Strong programming skills
- Strong background in mathematics, especially in statistical methods
- Experience in machine learning and computer vision (desired)
The position is for 3 years and a half.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and apply online:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter
- Contact information for two academic referees
The application deadline is June 22, 2016.
About the employer
The University of Exeter was officially established in 1955 but has its roots exactly one century before. It is a top UK university according to many higher education league tables.