The research will be conducted in the Perception and Activity Understanding group. The subject is the application of computer vision and machine learning techniques for document analysis purposes.
The successful candidate will develop algorithms for text detection and recognition, semantic classification, and temporal segmentation of slide shows.
- PhD in computer vision or machine learning
- Solid background in applied mathematics and statistics
- Strong programming skills in C/C++ and Python
- Experience with deep learning techniques (desired)
The position is for 1 year. The starting date is as soon as possible, but not later than November 1, 2016.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and contact Dr. Jean-Marc Odobez:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information of three references, or three recommendation letters
About the employer
The Idiap Research Institute is among the most active independent research institutions in information technology in Switzerland and worldwide.