The research will be conducted in the Artificial Vision and Realtime Systems Laboratory, which belongs to the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Some areas of current research in the lab are:
- Smart surveillance systems
- Active vision
- Data fusion
- Augmented reality
- Event analysis and object detection, recognition and tracking
The successful candidates will work on projects related to video analysis, pattern recognition, machine learning and robotics.
- MSc in a field relevant to the research topic
- Knowledge of computer vision fundamentals
- Solid mathematical background
- Solid programming skills in MATLAB and Python
- Experience with deep learning packages such as Torch, TensorFlow and Theano
The positions are for 3 years.
How to apply
Contact Prof. Christian Micheloni for details about the application process.
The application deadline is August 8, 2016.
About the employer
The University of Udine was founded in 1978. It is recognized as one of the most innovative and complete medium-sized Italian research universities.