The research will be carried out in the Ophthalmic Technology Laboratory, as a part of a R&D project on robotic navigation in ophthalmology.
The successful candidate will research strategies for 3D surface and instrument tracking, and will participate in the development of the robotic navigation system.
- PhD in medical imaging, computer vision, machine learning, or other relevant field
- Strong programming skills in C++, Python and MATLAB
- Experience in object detection and tracking (desired)
- Experience in realtime systems (desired)
The position is initially for 1 year, but may be extended if desired.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and contact Prof. Dr. Raphael Sznitman:
- Research statement
- Curriculum vitae
- List of publications
- Contact information for three references
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The (flexible) starting date is January/February of 2017.
About the employer
The University of Bern was founded in 1834. It is one of the biggest universities in Switzerland.