The research will be conducted in the Image and Video Understanding Laboratory.
Some areas of current research in the lab are:
- Action and activity recognition and understanding
- Optimization for vision and machine learning
- Image understanding and processing
- Object tracking
- 3D understanding
The successful candidate will investigate and develop methods for any of the following areas:
- Deep learning
- Video modeling and analytics
- 3D understanding from RGBD
- Convex and non-convex optimization
- PhD with a relevant academic track
- Solid experience and skills in computer vision, machine learning, or optimization
How to apply
Prepare your curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and completed projects, and contact Prof. Bernard Ghanem.
About the employer
The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology was established in 2009. It is a flagship research university in Saudi Arabia and exhibits one of the fastest growing research and citation records in the world.