The research will be conducted in a team within the Computer Vision Laboratory at ETH Zurich, focused on biomedical image computing.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of possible PhD projects:
- Unsupervised learning and abnormality detection in medical image analysis
- Machine learning in magnetic resonance image reconstruction
- Spatio-temporal modeling of longitudinal medical imaging data with stochastic processes
- Semisupervised learning and transfer learning for weakly labeled medical data
- Biophysical modeling in neurodegenerative diseases
- Fusing different modalities (e.g. textual, genetic information and imaging data) for predictive modeling in diagnosis and progression estimation
- MSc in electrical engineering, biomedical engineering, applied mathematics or statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Strong programming skills in C++, and Python or MATLAB
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Experience in biomedical image analysis or image reconstruction (desired)
The positions are for 3 years and may be extended up to 4 years.
How to apply
Prepare the following information and contact Ender Konukoglu:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Contact information of at least two referees
About the employer
The Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich (ETH Zurich) is a worldwide leading university established in 1855. Various Nobel Prizes have studied or taught at ETH Zurich, Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr among them.